Centre for Fishery and Applied Hydrobiology, CEFAH "Little Danube" is a nicely arranged within the area of the legacy of the family Vukicevic, uilding of the centre started from 2007 owing to the enthusiasm of the professors, collaborators and students. The research team for Aquaculture and Applied Hydrobiology of the Faculty of Agriculture in Belgrade, with the assistance of international and national projects, Institutions, and people of good will - donators, realized the creation of the Centre.
Mission of the CEFAH
The mission of the CEFAH is to provide and leave to the future generations a modern equipped Center for education and research in aquaculture, fishery and applied hydrobiology. In such Centre students will acquired new knowledge and skills and contribute to the development of knowledge, science, economy, and better society, healthier life, and human relationship between people and men towards the environment.
Vision of the CEFAH
To attain and maintain a sustainable training model - Centre for education, training, and research in the field of aquatic ecosystems, their ecology, as well as their use for ecological production of aquatic organisms, by constantly improving research competitiveness and developing effective knowledge transfer to the community in order to serve to the needs of the society and all stakeholders, and become the leading research and education institution in the field of aquaculture, fishery and applied hydrobiology in Serbia and the region.
Purpose of the Centre
- acquiring new knowledge and skills
- theoretical and practical knowledge
- realisation of research and education projects
- improvement of knowledge and skills
- promotion of science, profession and creative work
- developing love towards aquatic plants and animals
- development of ecological consciousness and healthy life style
- support the creativeness in young generations
- development of consciousness on the importance of harmonization of modern technical and
- technological achievements with natural rights
- motivate young generation to practice agriculture and activities connected to aquatic environment (hydrobiology, fishery, aquaculture, geography, hydrology...)
January 19th, 2018
VIII International Conference "Water & Fish" will beheld at the Faculty of Agriculture, University of Belgrade from 13th to 15th June 2018. You can find more information by clicking on the link Conference.
March 21st, 2017
VIII International Conference "Water & Fish" will be held at the Faculty of Agriculture, University of Belgrade in the June 2018. All the informations will be available via this website.